- Carlsbad 5000
- Junior Carlsbad
- Health & Fitness Expo/Packet Pick-up
- Directions & Parking
- Schedule of Races
- Course Support
- Wheelchair Program
- Corporate Cup, City Challenge & Teams
- Awards & Medals
Southern California’s favorite 5k celebrates its 29th birthday on March 30, 2014!
The Carlsbad 5000 features a fast and fun seaside course where 16 world records have been set. Both rookie runners and serious speedsters alike enjoy running or walking in one of seven people’s races. Celebrate after your race with two free beers at the Pizza Port Beer Garden! At high noon, witness the elite athletes vie for a lucrative prize purse and a new world record.
- 16 World Records
- Beer garden & refreshments
- Fast & fun course
- Weekend Health & Fitness Expo
- Awards and merchandise 3 deep in all age divisions
- Medals to top 250 finishers in each individual run
- New Balance technical t-shirts and swag bags for all participants
Sunday, March 30
- 7 am – 1 pm
Created just for kids 12 and under, Junior Carlsbad rewards every child with a finisher’s medal, T-shirt and Goodie bag. There are events for every age and ability, from the diaper dash and toddler trot to ¼, ½ and 1 mile races.
Saturday, March 29
- 7:30 am – 11 am
Register for this family-friendly event today!
All registered participants can pick up their race number and timing tag at the Registration tent. T-Shirts and Swag Bags can be picked up before or after your race at the T-Shirts/Swag Bags tent in the Expo. Individual registration is available at the expo Saturday and Sunday. Race weekend registration will be open for All Day 25K participants! There will be no race weekend registration for teams or groups.
We encourage All Day 25K participants to pick up their race number and timing tag at the Expo on Saturday. If you pick up your race number on Sunday, please arrive at registration one hour before the first race that starts at 7:00am.
- Sat: 7am – 1pm (Registration and Packet Pick-up for Carlsbad 5000 opens 10:00am-1:00pm and is located at Roosevelt Street)
- Sun: 6:30 am – 1pm (Registration located at Harding Street and opens at 6:00 am)
*Please arrive one hour before your race to allow time to park and warm up.
To the Expo: Take I-5 to Carlsbad Village Drive, exit west. The Expo is on Roosevelt Street, between Grand Avenue and Carlsbad Village Drive.
To Race Day Registration: Race Day Registration is near on Harding Street, between Grand Avenue and Calrsbad Village Drive.
To the Start Line: The race starting line is located near the intersection of Jefferson Street and Grand Avenue (two blocks west of I-5 and one block north of Carlsbad Village Drive). Please enter the start line from Harding Street.
|Masters Men 40 and over||7:00 AM|
|Masters Women 40 and over||8:05 AM|
|Men 30-39||8:45 AM|
|Women 30-39||9:23 AM|
|People’s 5K Walk||9:24 AM|
|Wheelchair Invitational||10:45 AM|
|Men & Women 29 and under||11:38 AM|
|Elite Men’s Invitational||12:47 PM|
|Elite Women’s Invitational||12:49 PM|
- Restrooms: Portable restrooms are available at Registration and in the expo.
- Water will be served at the start, the finish and at one location on the course. Function Drinks will also be available at the finish.
- Dog, Rollers & Strollers: Baby joggers are only allowed in the 5K Walk. Sorry no dogs or in-line skating on the race course.
After you cross the finish line, treat yourself to some delicious goodies.
State of the art ChronoTrack systems will be used to record your true time from the start line to finish line. The ChronoTrack system uses a UHF RFID disposable tag that allows you to walk away after the finish without having your tag collected.
Follow the instructions in your registration packet or at the sample shoe station to place the tag securely on your shoe. Please check that your bib has your correct name, sex and age and tag number.
Racing Wheelchair Division
The Wheelchair Start is currently scheduled for 10:53 a.m. Please line up 5 minutes prior to race start.
People’s Standard Wheelchairs
Start in the Wheelchair Race, behind the racing wheelchair participants.
No Handcycle Division
Due to safety issues on the course, and in accordance with International Paralympic Committee rules, NO handcycles (handbikes, handcrank devices or other mechanically gear driven devices) will be permitted in the race.
Racing Wheelchair Division Rules
- Racing wheelchairs shall be defined as a customized performance chair.
IPC Athletics Rules will be enforced. For additional rules view: www.ipc-athletics.org.
- Further the race will abide by the rules and policies of the recognized governing bodies of the sports of wheelchair racing, which do not allow the use of mechanical gears found on handbikes. For additional information contact: Wheelchair Sports USA www.wsusa.org and the International Paralympic Committee www.ipc-athletics.org.
- Everyday wheelchairs shall be defined as a stock manual wheelchair.
- The wheelchair shall have at least four functional wheels.
- The overall length of the chair from outside of front casters/wheels to outside of rear wheel shall not exceed 100cm.
- The rear wheels shall not exceed 70 cm in diameter. The front caster/wheels shall not exceed 8 inches/ 17.6 cm in diameter.
- The rear seat height must be greater than 30 cm (13.6 inches). Persons of small stature may be exempt.
- Only one plain round hand rim is allowed for each rear wheel. This rule may be waived for persons requiring a single arm drive chair.
No mechanical gears or levers shall be allowed. The chair must be manually
Take your fitness to the next level! Join the Corporate Cup and City Challenge - gather your co-workers and make the commitment to run or walk the Carlsbad 5000 on Sunday, April 7, 2013. There’s no better time than now…get moving today!
Congrats to our Champs:
- Corporate Cup Winner: Run 4 OAE (largest team)
- City Challenge Winner: City of San Marcos (largest team)
Corporate Cup and City Challenge
Organized groups of 10 or more are invited to join the Corporate Cup and City Challenge and compete against other companies for bragging rights. All participants on Corporate and City groups will receive a $5 discount off their entry fees when they enter their team’s $5 online discount code.
- Awards: The top three finishers in each age division receive an official award. Team awards are presented three-deep and include a team plaque and a medal for each member. The people’s walk is non-competitive. Awards are determined by chip time. To be eligible for an award, you must wear a timing chip and run in the appropriate age/gender race.
- Medals: The first 250 finishers, who cross the finish line in each individual run, will also receive a commemorative “First 250″ medal. The first 250 men and the first 250 women in the combined 29 & under race will each receive medals.
- Awards Ceremony: The Invitational Elite awards ceremony follows the Elite Races at the Finish line. After the race, stick around to see who earned the crown!
Results will be posted on Roosevelt Street apporximately one hour after each race. Results will also be posted online after 7:00pm PST on race day.
|American Record Bonus|
|World Record Bonus|
|Wheelchair World Record Bonus|